How Dr. Wagner Can Help Reverse Scoliosis
One of only 40 CLEAR certified doctors in the U. S., Dr. Wagner uses the CLEAR scoliosis-specific protocol in clinical use since 2000.
The CLEAR protocol shows much greater promise than past or typical forms of treatment such as bracing, surgery, regular chiropractic adjustment, physical therapy, yoga and the very ineffective watch-x-ray-wait approach.
CLEAR treatment begins with a complete physical examination and a battery of x-rays which Dr. Wagner uses to individualize a treatment plan specific to her patient. No two treatment plans are alike!
Treatment sessions last approximately two hours, and consist of three phases, informally termed, “Mix, Fix, and Set.”
The Mix Phase
This first phase prepares the body for treatment and consists of warm-up exercises, massage, and other therapies all of which are designed to relax the muscles and the spine.
The Fix Phase
The second phase of treatment involves specialized chiropractic adjustments that do not involve any rotation or twisting of the head. Instead, Dr. Wagner uses mechanical adjusting instruments that will provide a gentle, precise correction to the curve, the back, hips, and other areas.
The Set Phase
The third phase involves performing the following specialized exercises for posture, balance, and coordination. These exercises activate specific muscle groups along the spine and precise areas of the brain in order to positively affect how the brain and the body work together so that a balanced, more natural body position can be achieved.
- Spinal Mobility Stretching exercises performed in a special chair
- Gentle Spinal Traction in a standing position with the patient in control; it is designed to relax the spine and encourage disc health
- Vibration Therapy on a specifically designed table whose vibrational frequency has a relaxing effect on the collagen comprising intervertebral discs, tendons and ligaments
- “Tapotement” Massage Therapy performed by hand and with the aid of a percussive device on specific muscles to deeply relax spinal cord muscles
- Eckard Flexion/Distraction Therapy specifically designed to straighten to scoliotic spine
- special three dimensional chiropractic adjustments according to the CLEAR protocol
- Whole Body Vibration Therapy on a specially designed table with weights and cantilevers positioned under the body to help improve how the scoliosis patient will balance and react to gravity
- Scoliosis Traction Chair*** (developed by the CLEAR Scoliosis Institute) where the spine is gently de-rotated, elongated and straightened while the patient performs prescribed exercises designed to effectively work in tandem with the chair
- CLEAR Specific Spinal Isometric Rehabilitation Exercises which are performed without motion both in the clinic and at home
Both adults and children with idiopathic scoliosis and curves between 20 and 60 degrees can be successfully and effectively treated with the super corrective ScoliBrace which can also be used with non-idiopathic scoliosis patients.
Scolibrace works by guiding the body and spine into a posture opposite to the shape of the curve of the spine. Easy to wear and remove without assistance, it opens and closes at the front and comes in a variety of colors and patterns.
Curve reduction can be achieved in the majority of cases while improving improving rib humping, shoulder levels and the overall appearance of the body.
Dr. Wagner will assist help you get a ScoliBrace if it is warranted by your treatment program.